So there’s been a lot of radio silence on my end for the past couple of months (my bad but whateva whateva whateva) while I try desperately not to fail the final semester of my undergrad so consider this a horrible glimpse at the past little while of my stupid life.
- I’m taking a class on archaeological conservation (aptly called Archaeological Conservation) and I absolutely love it. I think I might have finally found my niche within archaeology which is a great feeling. For this class I’ve been working on creating a new storage space for our collection of Wayang Kulit shadow puppets which have been designated a “Masterpiece of Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity” by UNESCO which is pretty darn cool. You can check out the collection here if you feel like it. The downside of the project is that we have 600 of these puppets and it’s going to take forever to finish. Also, one of my partners is the embodiment of a gross superwholock fan and she is the absolute worst in the world and I want to flay her like a perch.
- I’m retaking Theory which I totally fucked up last semester because I’m a huge loser.
- My last class is on ancient Latin America and is pretty cool. It’s the first regionally-based class that I’ve taken that actually looks at the contemporary archaeology that is being done in the region instead of a cultural-historical approach. My paper is on Andean oracles and how they function in society and their status within society and blah blah blah and it’s also overdue and I hate myself blah blah blah.
- I’ve decided to go to Greece in the fall to participate in a field school so I can decide if I actually like doing field work or if I should just stick with artifact conservation.
- Miles is almost done the final level of his apprenticeship!!! He has two more weeks of school left and I’m so grossly proud of him.
- I’ve been swimming twice per week (in the early morning???????) for the past three months and it feels amazing. I’m still fat as hell, but I can now run to the bus stop without getting winded.
- I’ve been all Doom’n’Gloom for the past couple of weeks re: all my late work for this semester and it sucks because being dragged down by it is part of the reason why I can’t get it done.
Anyways, hey hi hello to all you guys and thanks for sticking around and much love and yeah.